Device sets are a collection devices from 1 to the total number of devices in the system.There are two default Device Sets which are created automatically Global Device Set which contains all the devices and Unapproved Device Set.
of configured items – Devices, Device Profiles, Software, and Speed Dial – that when brought together, are the totality of items that you use to change a device a functioning phone.
Note that the flow of the items in the sidebar are logically ordered such that if you start your configuration tasks at the top and move down, by the time you get to Device Sets, items that make up the configuration sets are ready to bring together.
Selecting Device Sets in the sidebar (if you have not yet created a device set) is an empty list. On the right side is Filter, Import, and Add. In the following sections details on how to create device sets and manage them is provided.
Add a Device Set
To add a new device set, do the following.
- Click Add on the right side of Device Sets
- In the dialog Device Sets – Add New > Device Set, click in the field Device Set Name and type a name to identify the device set. The Device Set Name is displayed in the Device Set listing
The next four sections – Devices, Device Profiles, Software, Speed Dials – contain no entries to multiple entries, based on the requirements for this device set.
To add a Device to the Device Set, click Add in the Devices section
A list of approved devices is listed by media access control (MAC) address, session initiation protocol uniform resource identifier (SIP URI), IP address, and model. Use the checkboxes on the left to select one or more devices to add to the device set
Click Apply to accept the devices and add them to the Device set, or Cancel to quit the Add Devices dialog without making changes
- Import a list of devices
If you have a list of MAC address of phones you are going to deploy and you want to prepare the configuration for them ready for when they are connected you can import the list of devices and then assign Device Profiles to the imported Device Set.
- Click Import in the Devices section
- Browse to the file containing the list of MAC addresses and select
- Once imported you can add Device Profiles
Add a Device Profile
- To add a Device Profile to the Device Set, click Add in the Device Profiles section
- A list of Device Profiles is listed by name, attributes (the number of attributes in the profile), and tags associated. Select from the available Device Profiles by using the check boxes on the left to select one or more device profiles to add to your device set
Click Apply to accept the Device Profiles and add them to the Device set, or Cancel to quit the Add Device Profiles dialog without making changes
- To add Software to the Device Set, click Add in the Apply Software section
- A list of software packages is listed by name, version, and file size. Select from the available software by using the checkboxes on the left to select one or more software packages to add to your device set
- Click Apply to accept the software packages and add them to the Device set, or Cancel to quit the Apply Software dialog without making change
Add Speed Dials
- To add a Speed Dial to the Device Set, click Add in the Speed Dials section
- A list of Speed Dial entries is listed by name, entries (the number of contacts in the speed dial entry), and tags associated. Select from the available Speed Dials by using the checkboxes on the left to select one or more Speed Dials to add to your device set
Tip! Use the Filter to limit your selections by name, entries (number of contacts in the entry), and tags (number of tags). The Filter feature can also return only Speed Dial entries that contain a contact that is part of that Speed Dial entry.
- Click Apply to accept the Speed Dial entries and add them to the Device set, or Cancel to quit the Add Speed Dials dialog without making changes
Edit a Device Set
You can edit an existing Device Set to add or remove items from the existing configuration. You can change the Device Set name, Add devices, device profiles, software or speed dials. You remove items from a device set by clicking the associated Delete, or trash can icon.
Important! The Global Device Set is a special case device set. You cannot change the name and can only add devices. If you note that you are looking at the Devices item in the sidebar, this is the indicator of what the Global Device Set is.
To edit an existing Device Set, click Device Sets in the sidebar. Do the following. You can save after every change, or you can save when you are done with the entire device set edit.
- From the Device Sets dialog, locate the Device Set that you want to edit. Click on the name of the item.
- If you need to change the name of the Device Set, click in the text field, edit the name to what you want it to be.
- If you need to Add devices, click Add in devices and select devices from the Devices pick list. Conversely, to delete a device from the device set, click the trash can icon (delete.)
- If you need to Add a Device Profile, click Add and then select the device profile from the pick list. Conversely, to delete a device profile from the device set, click the trash can icon (delete.)
- If you need to add Software, click Add and then select the software from the pick list. Conversely, to delete a software from the device set, click the trash can icon (delete.)
- If you need to add Speed Dials, click Add and then select the Speed Dial set from the pick list. Conversely, to delete a speed dial set from the device set, click the trash can icon (delete.)
- When you are done with editing the Device Set, click Save. If you want to discard your changes, click Cancel, and confirm that you understand your changes will be discarded by clicking Procced.
Deleting Device Sets
A function of good management is to delete items that you no longer need.
To delete a Device Set, do the following:
- Scroll to locate or use Filter to find the device set to delete
- Click the Delete icon
- A Confirmation dialog is displayed. Click Cancel if you do not want to delete the device set, or click Delete to remove the selected device set
Operations on the Global Device Set
If you need to make changes to the Global Device Set, refer to the section Devices later in this guide.