Resource files are image or sound files that you use to personalize images on the phone screen or to use a sound file for Music on Hold or ring tones. Resource files are uploaded to UDM Pro and assigned as resources using Device Profiles.
You add resources to UDM Pro just as you would upload a file to any website. UDM Pro does feature a simple to use drag and drop feature for uploading files, as well as a classic File Explorer interface.
To add new resource files to UDM Pro, you do the following.
- On the sidebar, click Resources
- On the Resources page, click Add
- On the Upload Resource page, you have a couple options to upload the resource file to UDM Pro
- From your computer in a file browser, select the resource file to upload, drag and drop it into the dropzone. You can drop multiple files if required.
- Click in the dropzone area, and from the resulting file explorer, select the resource file that you want to upload, then click Open
- Note that there is a progress bar indicating that the file is uploading. When the file is uploaded, a notification is displayed at the bottom of the page indicating All files uploaded. Click Dismiss on the notification
- If you have more resource file to upload, repeat Steps 3 and 4. If you are done adding resource files, click Resources in the sidebar and confirm that the resource file is in the list of resource files
A function of good management is to delete items that you no longer need.
To delete a resource file, do the following:
- Scroll to locate or use Filter to find the resource file to delete
- Click the Delete icon
- A Confirmation dialog is displayed. Click Cancel if you do not want to delete the resource file, or click Delete to remove the selected resource file
Information on the resource files that are available on your system is viewed by clicking Resources in the sidebar and clicking the resource file that you need to view.
To view details and what is available, do the following:
- Click Resources on the sidebar
- In the list of resource files, click the name of a resource file
- In Resource Detail the following information is displayed if available for the type of file
- Filename – Name of the resource file as it was uploaded
- File Size – Size of the resource file as uploaded
- Type – The type of file, IMAGE or AUDIO
- Created Time – Date and time that the file was uploaded to UDM Pro
- Preview – For Image file types, the file image is displayed
- Device Profiles where the resource is used